Updated: January 2022
How do we collect personal information?
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- Information about your computer and connection to enable us to monitor your use of the site. This may include your IP address, browser version, geographical location.
- Your email address, if you provide this to us for the purposes of receiving newsletters. We do not share these details with anyone else and only use them for the purposes for which they were provided.
- Information required to narrow your search criteria and to allow us to deliver you with appropriate product comparison. We do not match this data with any personally identifiable information.
- Information that you provide to us to pass onto one of our advertisers or partners to enable them to contact you or provide you with their service. It will always be clear who we are sending that information to and we do not use that information for any other purposes.
- Any information you choose to provide to us if you contact us, whether by phone or email, letter or using the on-site feedback.
To provide you with a full range of services we work with carefully selected partners to deliver services in some parts of the site or we allow you to click through to a partners site. These may provide additional comparison services or you may be able to provide contact details directly to allow them to contact you to better understand your product needs. We work closely with our partners to ensure that we only share information with them and they only share information with us that is required to provide you with the services.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information in a number of ways:
- To enable you to access and use our services
- To personalise and improve our services
- To communicate with you
- To track sales
- Where you have requested it, to allow one of our partners to contact you to discuss your product needs
Who do we share information with?
We only share information with other parties where required to be able to provide our Services to you or where we are required to do so by law.
For example, when you click through to an advertiser or partner we may share limited information with them to enable them to record that you have been referred to them by us and to understand your buying journey.
Where we collect data from you to pass to an advertiser to allow them to contact you we will send that data directly to them. We will not use that data for any other purpose than to allow them to contact you.
In certain instances we may be required to share information with regulators.
What is our basis for processing personal information?
The data protection laws require us to state the basis on which we will process your information.
We may use and process your personal information where we have genuine and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Our legitimate interests must be balanced against your interests. For guidance on the principle of legitimate interests click here.
Our basis for legitimate interests is to enable you to access and use our Services by allowing you to narrow your search and provide comparisons that meet your needs, tracking sales and to improve and optimise our services by understanding how you use the site. We may also use anonomised data to understand market trends and behaviours which we may share with other site users.
The information we use in this way is limited and does not enable us to identify you as an individual. It is not used for any purpose other than the provision of our services to you.
Where required, we will only process and collect your personal information when we have your consent to do so. For example where we need to share your data with a third party, or where you may wish for us to send you marketing messages. In these cases the way in which we will process your data will always be clearly explained and you will be given an option to change your preference.
‘Cookies’ are small text files that are stored by the browser on your computer or mobile phone. Websites are able to read and write these files, allowing them store things like personalisation details or user preferences.
We use ‘cookies’ to ascertain how people navigate and use the website. This information is subsequently used to make the website more user-friendly. The information stored in the ‘cookie’ is not linked in anyway to any personal information that we hold in our database.
Your personal data’s security is very important to us. This is why, as well as ensuring we only capture the data we need to ensure we can provide you with quality services, where it’s appropriate, our Sites use HTTPS to help keep information about you secure.
However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure and have appropriate processes in place. However, by using CreditBuzzer you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
Your data rights/contact us
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to access information we hold about you. If you would like to request the information we hold about you, delete or change it, or opt-out of emails, product contact request forms, email us on email@example.com or write to us at:
CreditBuzzer 1309 COFFEEN AVE STE 1200 Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
If you are not satisfied with the way any complaint you make in relation to your personal information is handled by us then you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection regulator which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How long do we keep your data?
Changes to this policy